Set-up of reporting practice and delivering debut document
Set up a sustainability reporting process for Saras and respond to new legal requirements for non-financial transparency by producing the company’s first sustainability report.
At the same time, take into full consideration the particular nature of the refining company’s environmental impacts, family-controlled nature and its long-term role in the local community by engaging both internal and external stakeholders into the process of defining materiality and report content.
– Benchmark of industry peers in terms of transparency and reporting approach
– Gap analysis and mapping of existing company policies, processes and indicators
– One-on-one interviews with senior executives from all company functions plus a survey of about 60 people in middle management
– One-on-one interviews/meetings with 20 external stakeholders, covering all the most important categories for the group and many from the local community
– Materiality analysis and identification of the most significant sustainability topics for the company
– Drafting of contents for the 2017 sustainability report in line with both GRI Standards and requirements of Italian Decree Law 254 of 2016
– Creative graphic concept for the document and pagination
– Summary presentation of report
We supported Saras through all the phases of its first sustainability report in a seven-month process, from engagement with internal and external stakeholders to designing and producing the final document.
Our collaboration with Saras has continued with a similar model for the preparation of the company’s 2018 and 2019 sustainability reports.