Set-up of reporting practice and delivering debut document
Set up a sustainability reporting process for Saras and respond to new legal requirements for non-financial transparency by producing the company’s first sustainability report. At the same time, take into full consideration the particular nature of the refining company’s environmental impacts, family-controlled nature and its long-term role in the local community by engaging both internal and external stakeholders into the process of defining materiality and report content.
- Benchmark of industry peers in terms of transparency and reporting approach
- Gap analysis and mapping of existing company policies, processes and indicators
- One-on-one interviews with senior executives from all company functions plus a survey of about 60 people in middle management
- One-on-one interviews/meetings with 20 external stakeholders, covering all the most important categories for the group and many from the local community
- Materiality analysis and identification of the most significant sustainability topics for the company
- Drafting of contents for the 2017 sustainability report in line with both GRI Standards and requirements of Italian Decree Law 254 of 2016
- Creative graphic concept for the document and pagination
- Summary presentation of report
We supported Saras through all the phases of its first sustainability report in a seven-month process, from engagement with internal and external stakeholders to designing and producing the final document.