Issue 2 | 2021
This issue, we explore the world of sustainability and ESG.
The magazine is peppered with with ESG insights and interviews as well as tips on how to navigate the increasingly complex world of sustainability. As usual, Lundquist Quarterly brings together the very best experts and professionals from around the world, from Michigan to Milan.
Articles include tips on how to get the best out of non-financial reporting, the rules to avoid greenwashing, the best sustainability documentaries, and who to follow to stay up to date with news and opinions to name just a few.
So, sit back, grab a coffee, and enjoy reading our publication.
Or enjoy a selection of individual articles below.
1. Beyond cheap talk: an opportunity for action – by James Osborne.
Inboxes and social media feeds have been swamped by sustainability and ESG lately. Based on over a decade of experience, here’s our five rules to survive the sustainability tsunami and get beyond the buzz words.
The apparel sector is a minefield when it comes to communicating sustainability, so we sat down with Marwin Hoffmann, adidas’ Senior Director of Sustainability Strategy, to discuss how the leading brand is steering the company towards a brighter and greener future with clear targets, a bold strategy, and exceptional communication with external stakeholders.
3. ESG must bring tangible action and change: the honest view from a 20-year veteran – by Sasja Beslik Senior Executive in Sustainable Finance and Author.
Will the increase in environmental, social and governance investing really change the financial landscape? Sasja Beslik, one of the world’s leading voices when it comes to sustainable finance, shares his views.
4. Anche la tua DNF è alla mercé dei revisori? – by Maria Grazia Fumagallo, Sustainability Consultant, Lundquist
I revisori ci hanno abituato a report piatti, tecnici e…noiosi. È il momento di andare oltre la DNF “a prova di assurance” e raccontarsi davvero per distinguersi dalla massa.
5. Four rules to avoid the traps of greenwashing – Marco Stampa
Senior Advisor for Sustainability, Saipem
Anyone involved in corporate reporting needs to think about the impact they will have on the reader and is acutely aware of the importance of engaging diverse stakeholders. But how to adopt a narrative approach and use storytelling content without falling into the traps of superficiality or greenwashing?
6. The Corporate Reporting Monitor 2021 – by Christian P. Hoffman, Lea Knabben, Monika Kovarova-Simecek and Thomas Scheiwiller, CCR.
This year’s Corporate Reporting Monitor sheds some light on current trends, but also some inconsistencies in how companies in Switzerland, Germany and Austria tackle new reporting challenges.
7. A Little *@#& History – by Scott Monty, Strategic Communications & Leadership Coach
What does a bag of ancient Roman grain have to do with a hashtag? Scott Monty, a recognised US expert in business communications and leadership, uncovers the history of the symbols that have become so ingrained into our daily lives, exploring whether the signs that we rely on have a greater meaning or are merely a legacy of human laziness.
8. Non pensarci nemmeno: perché il nostro cervello tende ad ignorare il climate change – by Concetta Cardamone, Sustainability and Communication Consultant, Lundquist
George Marshall con il libro “Don’t even think about it” affronta perché il tema del climate change sia diventato così divisivo e polarizzante presso l’opinione pubblica e spiega i tanti motivi di natura psicologica per cui invece le persone non percepiscono il problema.
9. Stand up for sustainability (by sitting down) – by Rosanna Campbell-Gray, Consultant, Lundquist
Documentaries and streaming sites are making the world of sustainability more inclusive and accessible than ever before as award-winning producers, actors and film directors are turning their attention towards the world’s most pressing issues, delivering exceptional, educational content right to your home.
Covid-19 has shaped and continues to reshape the financial services sector. Banks have had to show tremendous resilience and leadership to maintain stakeholders’ trust. Through our flagship .trust research programme, in which we examined the performance of leading institutions across Europe’s biggest economies as well as emerging players and challenger banks.
13. 5 UX Design Trends e come utilizzarli nella Corporate Communication – by Ivana Lazzarini, Transformation Manager, Lundquist
Se vuoi portare la comunicazione corporate, interna ed esterna, al prossimo livello, questi sono i nostri consigli per distinguerti e dare un’immagine aziendale fresca, innovativa e User Centered.
14. Dietro le quinte del nostro lavoro con le aziende su Wikipedia – by Daniele Righi, Content Strategist, Lundquist
Quando si parla di Wikipedia quasi tutte le aziende sembrano interessate a contribuire, ma quasi nessuna sa come fare. Il problema è l’unicità, l’enciclopedia libera non somiglia a nulla. In più di 12 anni di esperienza abbiamo aiutato moltissime aziende “smarrite” a ritrovare la strada, a comprendere. Il primo passo è sempre stato rispondere alle loro domande.